Ubuntu MATE 14.10 Beta 2 is now available for download. This second beta fixes a number of issues that were present in Beta 1, adds a few new features and includes some more original artwork. We’ve managed to not introduce any new bugs this time but please make sure you read the release notes below because there are still unresolved issues you’ll need to be aware of.
Most things, more than in Beta 1 at least. People tell us that Ubuntu MATE is stable. You may, or may not, agree.
What changed since Beta 1?
Beta 2 has been focused on fixing broken things and improving what was already present in Beta 1.
- Released community contributed Ubuntu MATE Identity graphics from Goce Mitevski.
- Added community contributed GRUB2 theme from Ivan Pejić.
gnome-system-toolsdue to community feedback requesting user and time management facilities. LP #1367772
- Added indicators to Ubiquity that enable access to assistive features and basic system configuration.
- Added assistive features to LightDM.
- Added keybindings, compatible with Sonar GNU/Linux, for toggling assistive features.
- Added a MATE panel layout that is similar in appearance to Windows XP classic mode (see below for activation instructions).
- Updated the default Ubuntu MATE panel layout to better reflect how Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 were arranged.
- Updated some icon assets in Ambiant-MATE and Radiant-MATE. Thanks to Jack Mohegan.
- Updated some of the Ubiquity slides used in the installer slide show. Thanks to Ivan Pejić.
- Updated font configuration to be consistent across applications.
- Fixed installation failures when there is no active Internet connection. Really, it is fixed this time. LP #1363267
- Fixed LightDM crashes that prevented the Live desktop session from working. LP #1369952
- Fixed EFI computers displaying a black screen rendering the system unusable. LP #1353989
- Fixed default application associations. LP #1364127
- Fixed erroneous apt configuration that prevented recommended packages being installed.
- Fixed video corruption in the Ubiquity installer.
- Fixed activation of the default sound theme.
- Fixed speaker test sounds in the Sound preferences.
- Merged Ubuntu MATE specific PolicyKit desktop privileges upstream.
virtualbox-guest-x11from the Live session.
- Removed wubi from the Ubuntu MATE .iso image.
Ubuntu MATE 14.10 Beta 2 Download
Join the fun and experience a retrospective future.Download
Upgrading from Beta 1
Some of the meta packages have changed since Beta 1. If you have Beta 1 installed, here is how to upgrade to Beta 2.
Start a shell and update.
sudo apt-get update
If you were tracking development packages between Beta 1 and Beta 2 you
will want to remove
grub-theme-ubuntu-mate since it has a new name now.
sudo apt-get remove grub-theme-ubuntu-mate
Complete the upgrade.
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Remove some obsolete packages.
sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-mate-desktop-policy-privileges
Remove an erroneous apt configuration that has existed since Alpha 1.
sudo rm /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00recommends
If you were tracking development packages between Beta 1 and Beta 2 you may want to remove IBus.
sudo apt-get purge ibus ibus-anthy ibus-gtk ibus-gtk3 ibus-qt4
Reboot, login, start a shell and clean up.
sudo apt-get autoremove sudo apt-get autoclean
Ubuntu MATE 14.10 is currently in beta and we are aware of the following issues.
- Full disk encryption, or rather entering your pass phrase into Plymouth, may not work. Home directory encryption does work.
- Plymouth does not display boot up splash screens.
You’ll also want to check the Ubuntu MATE bug tracker to see what has already been reported:
The Ubuntu MATE release candidate will be released mid-October we need people installing, using Ubuntu MATE and reporting any issues you may find on the project’s bug tracker.
Is there anything you can help with or want to be involved in? Maybe you just want to discuss your experiences or ask the maintainers some questions. Please come and talk to us.
La section des commentaires pour ce vieil article a été fermée. Il n'y avait aucun commentaire. :(