This crowd funding campaign has the following objectives:
- Fund the costs associated with running the Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
- These include domain name registrations and service charges for things like the content delivery network, web application firewall and transactional email services used by the forums.
- Fund the development of Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop via financial rewards for contributors to either project.
- Help subsidise the travel expenses of team members to represent Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop at FLOSS conferences.
- Support other Open Source projects that Ubuntu MATE depends upon.
We have set up a number of payment options that should hopefully suit everyone. Go on, be brilliant, help grow our community.
This is a unique way to fund an Open Source community. A regular monthly income for the Ubuntu MATE project will allow us to better plan how best to reward our contributors and sponsor other Open Source projects.
Patrons get exclusive project exclusive project news, updates, are invited to join an exclusive Telegram channel where you can talk to the developers directly and get a badge on the Ubuntu MATE Forum.
We’d prefer you set-up a recurring payment to help ensure that monthly costs are always covered and it also allows us to better plan how to reward our contributors and sponsor other Open Source projects. That said, one time donations are also gratefully accepted.
NOTE! If you are considering a monthly recurring payment via PayPal then you should probably use the Ubuntu MATE Patreon to benefit from Patron rewards.
If you are using, or plan to use, Ubuntu MATE in a commercial environment and would like to sponsor the project more formally, then please head over to our Patreon page where we have commercial sponsorship packages.