Many thanks to everyone who invested in the Ubuntu MATE project this month. You have been generous as always and ensured that we can meet all the costs associated with running the Ubuntu MATE project. As usual we’ve be able to fund some developers to work on Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
How will this months crowd funding be spent?
This months crowd funding will be used to pay for:
- All Ubuntu MATE CDN, WAF and email charges for October 2016.
- Paid €659.25 (taking into account currency variations) to Open Source developers for working on Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
- This brings Ubuntu MATEs total funding to Open Source projects and developers to approximately $11286.87 (taking into account currency variations).
- We’re also going to experiment with Bounty Source for MATE Desktop and Ubuntu MATE to see if this is a suitable platform for rewarding contributors.
- Some funds have been allocated to support this initiative.
A huge thank you to everyone at
sponsoring Ubuntu MATE and covering all our hosting and server costs
yet again! This sponsorship means most of the Ubuntu MATE crowd
funding can be directed towards funding development
Supporting Open Source
Ubuntu MATE is comprised of many Open Source projects, we recognise that. Each month Ubuntu MATE has surplus funds we will make contributions to Open Source projects, or developers working on projects, that Ubuntu MATE directly benefits from.
This month Ubuntu MATE has paid several Open Source developers to work on Ubuntu MATE or MATE Desktop projects.
- Developer of (Fedora) - €350 For migrating Ubuntu MATE themes to GTK 3.20
- Developer of (Debian) - €100 - For improving MATE 1.16 packaging in Debian.
- Graphics artist - $210 For updating the Ubuntu MATE themes image assets, including HiDPI variants.
- Developer of (Fedora) - €20 For a 5 button mouse so we can test a pull request #605 for Caja.
Unfortunately one of the MATE Developers is having difficulty with their bank and has been unable to received their July, August, September or October sponsorship from Ubuntu MATE. We have €500 set aside for when we are able to make a successful transfer.
Thank you to everyone who has invested in Ubuntu MATE, you are really making a difference to the development of Ubuntu MATE and the MATE Desktop.
We have setup a number of payment options that should hopefully suit everyone. If you haven’t already, be brilliant, help grow our community.
Grow your community
Become a full Ubuntu MATE community member by helping to grow and sustain it. Warm and fuzzy sensations guaranteed.Donate
Many thanks to the Ubuntu MATE patrons who collectively invested $1409.51 this month.
Thank you to all 385 of you who invested in Ubuntu MATE via PayPal this month!
- A total of $2247.01 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to $2040.93, of which $1650.47 was received as Download Tips and $130.76 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of €162.5 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to €151.02, of which €11.02 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of £42.0 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to £38.9, of which £10.72 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of 0.20965499 BTC was donated.