First of all, sorry this months supporter update is late again. Normal service will be resumed next month.
Many thanks to everyone who donated to the Ubuntu MATE community this month. You have been generous as always and ensured that we can meet all the costs associated with running the Ubuntu MATE project and the community site.
How will these donations be spent?
These donations will be used to pay for:
- All Ubuntu MATE hosting and development server costs for October 2015.
- All the Ubuntu MATE CDN, bandwidth and email charges for October 2015.
Although Ubuntu MATE 15.04 onward is an official member of the Ubuntu family, and new Ubuntu MATE releases are now distributed via the Canonical mirror network, we are serving ~500 downloads per day for Ubuntu MATE 14.04 and another ~1100 downloads per day for Ubuntu MATE for the Raspberry Pi 2.
Saving some funds for future projects
Like last month we did have a surplus of funds this month but we did not sponsor any other projects. This break in tradition is for two reasons:
- Ubuntu MATE 15.10 for the Raspberry Pi 2, released last month, is very popular and we have a significant upturn in bandwidth usage as a result.
- We are going to run some small paid projects for Ubuntu MATE during the 16.04 development cycle. We are saving the remainder of this months surplus for that initiative, the details of which will be shared here in due course.
We have setup a number of payment options that should hopefully suit everyone. If you haven’t already, be brilliant, help grow our community.
Grow your community
Become a full Ubuntu MATE community member by helping to grow and sustain it. Warm and fuzzy sensations guaranteed.Donate
Many thanks to the Ubuntu MATE patrons who collectively donated $492.0 this month.
- A total of $1292.5 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to $1166.95, of which $987.83 was received as Download Tips.
- A total of €112.5 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to €104.47.
- A total of £65.0 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to £60.93.