Many thanks to everyone who invested in the Ubuntu MATE project this month. You have been generous as always and ensured that we can meet all the costs associated with running the Ubuntu MATE project. As usual we’ve be able to fund some developers to work on Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
How will this months crowd funding be spent?
This months crowd funding will be used to pay for:
- All Ubuntu MATE Content Delivery Network, Web Application Firewall and email charges for November 2016.
- Paid €100 to UbuCon Europe to cover attendance for Martin Wimpress.
- Paid £33.01 to transfer ownership of
mate-desktop.orgto Martin Wimpress.
- Paid £178.68 to renew the domains for
- Paid €909.89 (taking into account currency variations) to Open Source developers for working on Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
- This brings Ubuntu MATEs total funding to Open Source projects and developers to approximately $12255.23 (taking into account currency variations).
A huge thank you to everyone at
sponsoring Ubuntu MATE and covering all our hosting and server costs
yet again! This sponsorship means most of the Ubuntu MATE crowd
funding can be directed towards funding development
Supporting Open Source
Ubuntu MATE is comprised of many Open Source projects, we recognise that. Each month Ubuntu MATE has surplus funds we will make contributions to Open Source projects, or developers working on projects, that Ubuntu MATE directly benefits from.
This month Ubuntu MATE has paid several Open Source developers to work on Ubuntu MATE or MATE Desktop projects.
- Developer of (Fedora) - €200 For bug fixing MATE Desktop 1.16 and working on the MATE spin of Fedora 25.
- Developer of (Ubuntu MATE) £600 - For working on Ubuntu MATE Welcome and Boutique full-time for one week.
Unfortunately one of the MATE Developers is having difficulty with their bank and has been unable to received their July, August, September, October or November sponsorship from Ubuntu MATE. We have €600 set aside for when we are able to make a successful transfer.
Thank you to everyone who has invested in Ubuntu MATE, you are really making a difference to the development of Ubuntu MATE and the MATE Desktop.
We have setup a number of payment options that should hopefully suit everyone. If you haven’t already, be brilliant, help grow our community.
Grow your community
Become a full Ubuntu MATE community member by helping to grow and sustain it. Warm and fuzzy sensations guaranteed.Donate
Many thanks to the Ubuntu MATE patrons who collectively invested $1409.51 this month.
Thank you to all 311 of you who invested in Ubuntu MATE via PayPal this month!
- A total of $1850.57 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to $1683.48, of which $1182.12 was received as Download Tips and $102.08 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of €531.5 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to €507.14, of which €15.5 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of £52.0 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to £48.76, of which £10.72 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of 0.04359915 BTC was donated.