Many thanks to everyone who invested in the Ubuntu MATE project this month. You have been generous as always and ensured that we can meet all the costs associated with running the Ubuntu MATE project. As usual we’ve been able to fund some developers to work on Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
How will this months crowd funding be spent?
This months crowd funding will be used to pay for:
- All Ubuntu MATE Content Delivery Network, Web Application Firewall and email charges.
- Paid £91.95 for domain name renewals.
- This brings Ubuntu MATEs total funding to Open Source projects and developers to approximately $22402.35 (taking into account currency variations).
A huge thank you to everyone at
sponsoring Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop. Bytemark are providing hosting
and covering all server/bandwidth costs for both projects. This
sponsorship means nearly all of the Ubuntu MATE crowd
funding can be directed towards funding development
Supporting Open Source
Ubuntu MATE is comprised of many Open Source projects, we recognise that. Each month Ubuntu MATE has surplus funds we will make contributions to Open Source projects, or developers working on projects, that Ubuntu MATE directly benefits from.
This month Ubuntu MATE decide to save all the crowd funding contributed this month because the summer holidays are coming soon and we have some large projects we’d like to fund and need to build a little surplus ahead of time.
Thank you to everyone who has invested in Ubuntu MATE, you are really making a difference to the development of Ubuntu MATE and the MATE Desktop.
We have setup a number of payment options that should hopefully suit everyone. If you haven’t already, be brilliant, help grow our community.
Grow your community
Become a full Ubuntu MATE community member by helping to grow and sustain it. Warm and fuzzy sensations guaranteed.Donate
Many thanks to the Ubuntu MATE patrons who collectively invested $1749.51 this month.
Thank you to all 233 of you who invested in Ubuntu MATE via PayPal this month!
- A total of $1447.27 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to $1319.62, of which $851.84 was received as Download Tips and $143.65 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of €92.5 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to €84.44, of which €26.87 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of £33.5 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to £30.77, of which £9.94 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of 0.0065 BTC was donated.