Many thanks to everyone who invested in the Ubuntu MATE project this month. You have been generous as always and ensured that we can meet all the costs associated with running the Ubuntu MATE project and the community site. In fact, this month we are able to fund some developers to work on Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
How will this months crowd funding be spent?
This months crowd funding will be used to pay for:
- All Ubuntu MATE hosting and server costs for July 2016.
- All the Ubuntu MATE CDN, bandwidth and email charges for July 2016.
- Paid €586.56 (taking into account currency variations) to 5 Open Source developers for working on Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
- This brings Ubuntu MATEs total funding to other Open Source projects and developers to approximately $8744.65 (taking into account currency variations).
- We will be reviewing how we can put the surplus funds from previous months to good use and expand our contributor rewards to finance some additional development activities.
Although Ubuntu MATE is an official member of the Ubuntu family, and new Ubuntu MATE releases are now distributed via the Canonical mirror network, we are serving ~2000 downloads per day for Ubuntu MATE for the Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi 3 and another ~95 downloads per day for Ubuntu MATE 14.04.
Supporting Open Source
Ubuntu MATE is comprised of many Open Source projects, we recognise that. Each month that Ubuntu MATE has a surplus of funds we will make a contribution to an Open Source project or developer that Ubuntu MATE directly benefits from.
For July 2016 Ubuntu MATE have paid several Open Source developers to work on Ubuntu MATE or MATE Desktop projects.
- Developer of (Ubuntu MATE) £100 - For development of Ubuntu MATE Welcome and Ubuntu MATE Start Page.
- Developer of (Ubuntu MATE) £100 - For improving and refining MATE Dock Applet on GTK3.
- Developer of (Fedora) - €350 For migrating Ubuntu MATE themes to GTK 3.20
Thank you to everyone who has invested in Ubuntu MATE, you are really making a difference to the development of Ubuntu MATE and the MATE Desktop.
We have setup a number of payment options that should hopefully suit everyone. If you haven’t already, be brilliant, help grow our community.
Grow your community
Become a full Ubuntu MATE community member by helping to grow and sustain it. Warm and fuzzy sensations guaranteed.Donate
Many thanks to the Ubuntu MATE patrons who collectively invested $1159.01 this month.
- A total of $1902.94 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to $1723.81, of which $1375.04 was received as Download Tips.
- A total of €243.5 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to €229.93.
- A total of £55.0 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to £51.42.
- A total of 0.04165 BTC was donated.