Many thanks to everyone who invested in the Ubuntu MATE project this month. You have been generous as always and ensured that we can meet all the costs associated with running the Ubuntu MATE project. As usual we’ve been able to fund some developers to work on Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
How will this months crowd funding be spent?
This months crowd funding will be used to pay for:
- All Ubuntu MATE Content Delivery Network, Web Application Firewall and email charges for December 2016.
- Paid €1455 (taking into account currency variations) to Open Source developers for working on Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
- This brings Ubuntu MATEs total funding of Open Source projects and developers to approximately $13773.23 (taking into account currency variations).
A huge thank you to everyone at
sponsoring Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop. Bytemark are providing hosting
and covering all server/bandwidth costs for both projects. This
sponsorship means nearly all of the Ubuntu MATE crowd
funding can be directed towards funding development
Supporting Open Source
Ubuntu MATE is comprised of many Open Source projects, we recognise that. Each month Ubuntu MATE has surplus funds we will make contributions to Open Source projects, or developers working on projects, that Ubuntu MATE directly benefits from.
This month Ubuntu MATE has paid several Open Source developers to work on Ubuntu MATE or MATE Desktop projects.
- Developer of (Fedora) - €100 For developing/testing MATE Desktop 1.17, the current in development snapshot.
- Developer of (Debian) - €100 For updating and uploading of MATE Desktop 1.16 fixes to Debian.
- Developer of (Solus) - £500 For working on Brisk Menu, a efficient menu for the MATE Desktop.
- Developer of (elementary) - $700 For updating the folder icons used in Ambiant-MATE and Radiant-MATE.
Unfortunately one of the MATE Developers is having difficulty with their bank and has been unable to receive sponsorship payments since July 2016 and they have also completed a MATE Desktop development project that has a $1000 bounty. We have €1600 set aside for when we are able to make a successful transfer.
Thank you to everyone who has invested in Ubuntu MATE, you are really making a difference to the development of Ubuntu MATE and the MATE Desktop.
We have setup a number of payment options that should hopefully suit everyone. If you haven’t already, be brilliant, help grow our community.
Grow your community
Become a full Ubuntu MATE community member by helping to grow and sustain it. Warm and fuzzy sensations guaranteed.Donate
Many thanks to the Ubuntu MATE patrons who collectively invested $1570.51 this month.
Thank you to all 355 of you who invested in Ubuntu MATE via PayPal this month!
- A total of $2000.0 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to $1815.33, of which $1367.4 was received as Download Tips and $111.67 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of €278.5 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to €261.66, of which €15.5 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of £72.0 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to £67.04, of which £10.72 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of 0.04014505 BTC was donated.