Many thanks to everyone who invested in the Ubuntu MATE project this month. You have been generous as always and ensured that we can meet all the costs associated with running the Ubuntu MATE project and the community site. In fact, this month we are able to fund some developers to work on Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
How will this months crowd funding be spent?
This months crowd funding will be used to pay for:
- All Ubuntu MATE CDN, WAF and email charges for August 2016.
- Paid €739 (taking into account currency variations) to 4 Open Source developers for working on Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects.
- This brings Ubuntu MATEs total funding to other Open Source projects and developers to approximately $9569.14 (taking into account currency variations).
A huge thank you to everyone at Bytemark
for sponsoring Ubuntu MATE and covering all our hosting and server costs
for August 2016. This sponsorship means most of the Ubuntu MATE crowd
funding can be directed towards funding development projects.
Supporting Open Source
Ubuntu MATE is comprised of many Open Source projects, we recognise that. Each month that Ubuntu MATE has a surplus of funds we will make a contribution to an Open Source project or developer that Ubuntu MATE directly benefits from.
For August 2016 Ubuntu MATE have paid several Open Source developers to work on Ubuntu MATE or MATE Desktop projects.
- Developer of (Fedora) - €350 For migrating Ubuntu MATE themes to GTK 3.20
- Developer of (Ubuntu MATE) £100 - For developing Ubuntu MATE Welcome.
- Developer of (Debian) - €150 For reviewing and sponsoring uploads of MATE 1.14 to Debian.
- Developer of (Ubuntu MATE) £100 - For developing MATE Dock Applet.
Unfortunately one of the MATE Developer is having difficulty with their bank and has been unable to received their July or August sponsorship from Ubuntu MATE. We have €200 set aside for when we are able to make a successful transfer.
Thank you to everyone who has invested in Ubuntu MATE, you are really making a difference to the development of Ubuntu MATE and the MATE Desktop.
We have setup a number of payment options that should hopefully suit everyone. If you haven’t already, be brilliant, help grow our community.
Grow your community
Become a full Ubuntu MATE community member by helping to grow and sustain it. Warm and fuzzy sensations guaranteed.Donate
Many thanks to the Ubuntu MATE patrons who collectively invested $1210.51 this month.
Thank you to all 360 of you who invested in Ubuntu MATE via PayPal this month!
- A total of $1889.13 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to $1708.72, of which $1324.91 was received as Download Tips and $89.78 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of €191.5 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to €178.31, of which €11.02 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of £157.5 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to £149.38, of which £1.73 was received from recurring payments.
- A total of 0.05942235 BTC was donated.