Many thanks to everyone who donated to the Ubuntu MATE community this month. You have been generous as always and ensured that we can meet all the costs associated with running the Ubuntu MATE project and the community site. In fact, this month we are able to reward some other projects that Ubuntu MATE benefits from.
How will these donations be spent?
These donations will be used to pay for:
- All Ubuntu MATE hosting and development server costs for April 2015.
- All the Ubuntu MATE CDN, bandwidth and email charges for April 2015.
- Donated €87.50 to MATE Desktop.
- Donated €75 to Debian.
- Donated €75 to Ubuntu.
- We have some domain renewals coming up at the end of May so some surplus has been reserved to ensure we can cover those costs.
Although Ubuntu MATE 15.04 onward is an official member of the Ubuntu family, and therefore new Ubuntu MATE releases are distributed via the Canonical mirror network, we are serving ~900 downloads of Ubuntu MATE 14.04 and 14.10 per day from our servers. Given that we have committed to support Ubuntu MATE 14.04 until 2019 these donations are much appreciated and help cover the bandwidth costs and fund the development servers we need to prepare new .iso images for Ubuntu MATE 14.04.
Supporting Open Source Projects
Ubuntu MATE is comprised of many Open Source projects, we recognise that. Each month that Ubuntu MATE has a surplus of funds we will make a contribution to an Open Source project that Ubuntu MATE directly benefits from.
Ubuntu MATE is built on top of Ubuntu which in turn is derived from Debian. With Debian and Ubuntu both having releases in April 2015 it is fitting that Ubuntu MATE recognise the two distributions on which is so depends. We are therefore delighted to be able to donate $75 to Debian and also $75 to Ubuntu. The Ubuntu donation was split equally between Ubuntu Desktop, Ubuntu for Phone and Community Projects.
Donations to MATE Desktop
Those of you who have downloaded Ubuntu MATE from this website recently will have noticed the Download Tip we place on the page. We’ve made it clear that those tips are shared between the Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects. We have donated half the download tips from April 2015, which we are pleased to say amounts to €87.50.
We have setup a number of payment options that should hopefully suit everyone. If you haven’t already, be brilliant, help grow our community.
Grow your community
Become a full Ubuntu MATE community member by helping to grow and sustain it. Warm and fuzzy sensations guaranteed.Donate
Many thanks the Ubuntu MATE patrons who, after processing fees, donated $239.83 this month.
Summary of PayPal donations
Many thanks to everyone who supported the Ubuntu MATE community this month.
- After processing fees a total of $239.83 was donated via Patreon.
- A total of $511.75 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to $445.85, of which $197.1 was received as Download Tips. Half of which has already been donated to the MATE Deskop project.
- A total of €155.62 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to €143.92.
- A total of £53.0 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to £50.4.
- A total of 0.03769158 BTC was donated.