Many thanks to everyone who donated to the Ubuntu MATE community this month. You have been generous as always and ensured that we can meet all the costs associated with running the Ubuntu MATE project and the community site. In fact, this month we are able to reward some other projects that Ubuntu MATE benefits from.
How will these donations be spent?
These donations will be used to pay for:
- All Ubuntu MATE hosting and development server costs for May 2015.
- All the Ubuntu MATE CDN, bandwidth and email charges for May 2015.
- £157.88 to renew all the
ubuntu-mate.*domains for another 2 years.
- £43.47 to print and dispatch three T-Shirts to some Ubuntu MATE 14.10 contributors whose original shirts were lost in the post.
- £7.90 for a bottle a wine to celebrate the Ubuntu MATE 15.04 release
- Donated €50 to TLP.
- Donated €288 to MATE Desktop.
Although Ubuntu MATE 15.04 onward is an official member of the Ubuntu family, and therefore new Ubuntu MATE releases are distributed via the Canonical mirror network, we are serving ~1000 downloads of Ubuntu MATE 14.04 per day from our servers. Given that we have committed to support Ubuntu MATE 14.04 until 2019 these donations are much appreciated and help cover the bandwidth costs and fund the development servers we need to prepare new .iso images for Ubuntu MATE 14.04.
Supporting Open Source Projects
Ubuntu MATE is comprised of many Open Source projects, we recognise that. Each month that Ubuntu MATE has a surplus of funds we will make a contribution to an Open Source project that Ubuntu MATE directly benefits from.
For May 2015 Ubuntu MATE have sponsored TLP.
TLP brings you the benefits of advanced power management for Linux without the need to understand every technical detail. I’ve been using TLP for years with great success and it will be integrated into Ubuntu MATE 15.10 to provide improved battery endurance “out of the box”. TLP comes with a default configuration already optimized for battery life, so you may just install and forget it. Thomas was sent €50 in May 2015 for his work on TLP.
Donations to MATE Desktop
Those of you who have downloaded Ubuntu MATE from this website recently will have noticed the Download Tip we place on the page. We’ve made it clear that those tips are shared between the Ubuntu MATE and MATE Desktop projects. We have donated half the download tips from May 2015, which we are pleased to say amounts to €288
We have setup a number of payment options that should hopefully suit everyone. If you haven’t already, be brilliant, help grow our community.
Grow your community
Become a full Ubuntu MATE community member by helping to grow and sustain it. Warm and fuzzy sensations guaranteed.Donate
Many thanks to the Ubuntu MATE patrons who, after processing fees, donated $288.95 this month.
Summary of PayPal donations
Many thanks to everyone who supported the Ubuntu MATE community this month.
- After processing fees a total of $288.95 was donated via Patreon.
- A total of $1123.5 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to $965.46, of which $649.81 was received as Download Tips. Half of which has already been donated to the MATE Deskop project.
- A total of €73.25 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to €65.0.
- A total of £127.0 was donated via PayPal, which after processing fees amounted to £120.45.
- A total of 0.07295019 BTC was donated.