Here is the troupe of all star international caberet artists responsible for making Ubuntu MATE a thing. If you’d like to get involved then please let us know.
The loons who thought Ubuntu MATE would be a good idea.
- Martin Wimpress Project co-founder. MATE Desktop developer and Ubuntu MATE project lead.
- Alan Pope Project co-founder. Cheer leader and enthusiasm co-ordinator.
MATE Desktop developers and contributors who have been helping develop and test Ubuntu MATE.
- Vlad Orlov Developer of MATE Desktop and bug-fix king.
- Wolfgang Ulbrich Developer of MATE Desktop and theme maintainer.
- Luke Developer of MATE Desktop, theme maintainer and bug hunter.
- Pablo Barciela Developer of MATE Desktop and theme maintainer.
- Alexei Sorokin Contributor to MATE Desktop and Ubuntu MATE.
- Ikey Doherty Lead Developer of Solus and MATE Desktop contributor.
- Sefan Ric Developer of Solus and MATE Desktop contributor.
- Luke Horwell Developer of Ubuntu MATE, web designer and community moderator.
- Victor Kareh Contributor to MATE Desktop, Ubuntu MATE and MATE Dock Applet.
- Robin Thompson Lead developer of MATE Dock Applet and Ubuntu MATE contributor.
- Konstantin Pugin Lead developer of Global Menu for MATE Panel and MATE Desktop contributor.
- Johnny Dennis Lead developer of tomxplayer for the Raspberry Pi.
- Larry Bushey Documentation writer and author of Ubuntu MATE: Upgrading from Windows or OSX.
The heroes from the Debian packaging team. Without their tireless efforts there would be no Ubuntu MATE.
- Mike Gabriel Debian Developer and MATE package maintainer for Debian.
- Aron Xu Debian Developer and MATE package maintainer for Debian.
- Vangelis Mouhtsis MATE package maintainer for Debian.
Quality Assurance & Testing
- Etienne Papegnies QA lead and forum moderator.
- Alexandru Polihron QA engineer.
- Alexander Browne QA engineer.
Art & Design
- Roberto Perico Graphic design and digital artist.
The moderators of the community who keep it running in good shape.
- Caleb Howland Facebook page administrator.
The following people have made infrequent, yet significant, contributions to the Ubuntu MATE project.
- Sam Hewitt Creator the Ubuntu MATE logo.
- Daniel Foré Improver of Ubuntu MATE icon theme.
- Simon Quigley MoTU and back porter of signifcant bug fixes that directly benefit Ubuntu MATE. * Rohith Madhavan Created the initial Raspberry Pi 2 build of Ubuntu MATE.
- Goce Mitevski Created the default desktop wallpaper used from Ubuntu MATE 14.10 to 17.04.
- Michael Tunnell Toucher upper of GTK art assets. * Pedro Meteus IGP and GPU configuration enhancements for reduced video tearing and improved gaming performance.
- Ivan Pejić Created the Ubuntu MATE GRUB and Plymouth themes.
- Jack Mohegan Assorted user interface improvements.
- Jonathan Nadeau assistive technology advisor and accessibility testing.
- Matt Hartley user experience advisor.
- Adam Smith Created the initial PowerPC build of Ubuntu MATE.